Monday, April 18, 2011

Car Insurance

~A memory I have of a rumor about someone I knew–a poem about the lengths we may go to if the world closes in on us.

drive me and park
where you want to
do what you need to
in order to insure 
that i get home safe
down dark asphalt
papers scattered on sidewalks
meant for passers-by and not
for me wishing that
i were walking them
in the cramped sweaty confines
of a seat now for two
you reek of regret and revulsion
and my only option still around
handsome once but now spent
car insurance–that’s all you are to me.

Photo by Tomas Castelazo


1 comment:

  1. This unique is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love viewing websites that appreciate the value of providing a good quality resource for free. Thanks for this wonderful site!
    Florida Auto Insurance

    ReplyDelete